Sunday, February 27, 2011

Little Scare....

So I've been having braxton hicks for the past 2+ weeks, along with really REALLY painful pressure on the pubic bone. So bad I couldn't walk without pain!! Then over a week ago I had braxton hicks none stop for 3 hrs, 1 hicks every 10 mins. I was worried and drank some water, layed on my left side to help stop the hicks. They finally went away for that night, but then would come off and on for the next couple of days, along with pressure/pain. I called my dr.s office and he was away on holidays, and the secretary didn't know what to tell me, but to use my intuition. So finally on Thursday night I had enough and called labour and delivery to see if I needed to come in. They said YES. So I told Ryan that they want to see me just to make sure everything is ok, and with Dylan coming early they didn't want to take any chances with me. I went by myself and the whole time driving there I felt like a tool, and thinking of everything that I needed to do around the house for this baby if I was in labour. I was also thinking of the last time I was up here when my water broke with Dylan and I still didn't think I was going to get admitted. LOL Anyways, the nurses were great!! They listened for the heart beat which was good, felt my stomach if I was having a braxton hick, and got me water so I could pee in a cup to make sure my water didn't break. Everything came back ok. They called my dr. and he said that if things got worse, or my water breaks, or start bleeding that I needed to come back to the hospital. He also gave me some T3's for the pressure. I explained to the nurses that I'm sorry I took up there time and they assured me that its fine that I came down. They also said it's better to check me out then for me to keep putting it off and go into pre-term labour. So I guess it wasn't a waste of time for either of us.

Since this weekend I've been feeling better, but that pressure is still there that won't go away. I guess it just comes with being pregnant and I can add it to the list of things :)

No comments: