Thursday, March 24, 2011

R.I.P Nap time



So for the past month Ryan and I have been struggling to get Dylan down for his afternoon naps. Dylan has always been a good sleeper, ever since he got home from the NICU. He would sleep thru the night etc. ( sorry Im bragging) Ryan gets off work at 12:30 every day so it's really nice having him home in the afternoon to help with Dylan, for us to do errands, me to just go shopping.
Anyways, we would put Dylan down around 1-1:30 and it would be a FIGHT!!! He would get into his draws and mess up all his clothes, look out his window, peel off his stickers on his wall, get in his garbage, get into all his packages of wipes ( the one's from costco) and rip off the little stickers on the inside to keep the wipes moist, knock on the door yelling for "mommy", "Daddy", or "wyan", he would even call for Grandma...lol It would be a good 2 hrs of this until either he would FINALLY stay in his bed & fall asleep, or we would give up. After about a good week of this I finally said lets not give him a nap and put him to bed early?? The only problem is that I LOVE my afternoon naps especially with this pregnancy kicking me in the energy department. So instead of Dylan having an afternoon nap he just gets to roam the house, or watch a movie while I for sure have a nap, and sometimes Ryan has one too since he gets up a 3am to go to work. But the only problem is that Dylan still dosen't go to bed early, he goes to bed around the same time as he did before even when he would have a 2 hr naps. I don't understand??

I never thought nap time would end?? Not that I don't love my son, but I just love that quiet time(& MY nap time) I would hear from friends that there kids still nap till there at least 3 years old, never thought before 2 yrs old. Like I said, a very VERY sad month :)

1 comment:

Canadian Mommy said...

I feel your pain. Both Claire and Clark were done napping before they turned 2. Quiet time (movie time) was then enforced so I could lay down on the couch.
Not sure what Jilly will do. She still naps like a pro, but putting her to bed at night is becoming a pain.