Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bedrest

So I had a dr. appt this last Thurday and my blood pressure was up to 170/?. At the time I really didn't think anything of it, just the my feet were really swollen and hurt, and my hands too. He told me that I needed to rest, and go on medical leave ASAP. I didn't really ask any questions. I even went home and had a two hour nap. Then around 10pm that night I started to look things up on the internet about high blood pressure during pregnancy. WHELP, I wish I new about this before my dr. appt because now I have ALOT of questions, and it makes sense on some symptoms I have that I didn't even think to tell my dr. Like Thursday night I said to Hussa my eyes seem blurry, like I can't focus(that's a sign), another thing I didn't tell my dr. is that I have been getting cramping, and a little little bit of spotting that only lasted a day. The spotting only happened a couple of weeks ago and I forgot to tell him. Hussa told me I need to write these things down so I have a list to tell the dr. instead of thinking of them after wards. But the good news is that I have another appt with him on Tuesday for them to check my blood pressure again.

So with going on medical leave early I talked with my boss the very next day, and my last work day is this coming Thursday April 9/09. Trust me I'm excited and sad that it's happening so fast. I tentatively gave them a date of May 6-7, so this does bump me up. I'm going to be fine with taking things easy, but I know my sleep scheld. is going to be all off kilt and I'll turn into a night hawk. Anyways Ill hopefully keep this blog posted :)

1 comment:

Romeril Family said...

Take care of yourself Em! And get lots of rest--you'll need it in a few months! :)