Thursday, May 21, 2009

A little behind...

So a lot has happened in the last month or so, and I told myself that I need to continue from my last post before I write about the my son Dylan. That should keep me motivated to catch up on my blog :)

So I went to that Tuesday appt with my dr. and my blood pressure did go down but was still way too high 166/95. A normal pregnancy blood pressure should be 140/90. I can see why my dr. wanted me on medical leave ASAP. I was still swollen on my feet that I would call them Fred Flinstone feet....they were HUGE!!!!! I should have taken a picture but by the time I would see how big my feet were I would already be comfy on the couch with my feet up. Anyways at that dr. appt's they saw still how high my blood pressure was, and the regular nurse who usually see's all expectant mom's kinda went back and check up on my chart and noticed things got missed. Like my gestational diabetes test that I got done first was high, and then I had to do a second one and that one was just over the normal rate. So I should have been sent to see a specialist or dietitian but never happened. And I should have told them about my blurred vision and spotting. She told me that I had pre-eclemsia(spelling) After the nurse got all my updated information and new blood pressure she notified my dr and he wanted me to go in ASAP to see an OBYN Dr. Malich(spelling) I got in that Thursday.


April 2, 2009-Dr. Malich's appt
They Nurse checked my blood pressure and it was normal 139/88, how could that be?? So then she checked my other arm(left) and it was 128/86. I felt so stupid that I was wasting there time, but she assured me that it happen ed's, and so did Dr. Malich. Dr. Malich explained things more too me about what was happening to me and my baby. That with having high blood pressure that means my heart is working harder to pump and it's not getting to my uterus or placenta to produce oxygen for my baby to breath, which scared me. He also told me that if I go into to early labor that I needed to tell emergency or whomever that I am under his care. He also wanted me to do what is called a stress test every Thursdays for the next 8 weeks or until the baby comes. I went to the hospital right after wards and they hooked me up to a monitor to hear the baby's heart rate/beat, and mine to make sure the baby wasn't under any stress. They also would keep checking my blood pressure. At my next appt's at the hospital they would do the same stress test, and a ultra sound. They didn't do one that day because it was short notice that I went there. Everything was fine, and the baby was sleeping, not moving around much. :)

April 9th, 2009
My last day of work was here already. I kinda was happy because my feet were killing me, but on the other hand sad. Not sad because I wasn't working, sad because for the next year I wouldn't be interacting with patients or my co-workers. It just was an odd feeling, and my last day came so fast. I would joke at work that my baby was going to come early, he wasn't going to cry, he would stay small for a long time, our baby would be different.......who knew what was to come :)


April 10, 11, 12, 2009
For some reason I was getting the "Nesting urg" and told Ryan the things that needed to get done like : put together the drawers/hutch together for the baby
get the clothes organized
de-cluter some things
update the baby book
clean the house-behind the fridge, & stove etc
Buy the last baby gear stuff, diapers, diaper bag
get the hospital bag ready for me and the baby
Just stuff like that I felt needed to be done, even though the baby wasn't due till May 25/09. So that long weekend me and Ryan plugged along getting that list done, and the only thing that didn't get done was me packing my part of the hospital bag. I was tired by the end of that weekend, and so was Ryan because he did most of the work:) It's strange how things work out, I even remember telling Ryan I have a feeling he's going to come early and I need this list done this weekend. I'll admit he wasn't too keen on getting this done, but we did :)

April 14, 2009
I had another Dr. appt with my family dr where he just wanted to take my blood pressure again and see how I was doing. My blood pressure did go up to 159/97. My swollen feet were somewhat down from before, but still swollen. Then I asked him who my dr. was going to be in the delivery because I needed to fill out the form's for the pre-registration for the hospital. He told me to put his name down. So I did. I also asked my dr. if the baby had dropped and was locked in. He checked me and yes in deed the baby had dropped and was ready. My dr. also said I could be having this baby in the next 2 weeks. Which I found was odd for him to say that but didn't think anything of it.

April 15, 2009
So with me being on Medical leave I had a lot of dr. appts to go to to keep me busy, but I also would make fun dates for me to stay in touch with my friends and stuff. So today I had a lunch date with Kimberly from the office, and then I was going out to Raymond to drive my mom to pick up her car from getting fixed at my father in-laws house. We also went to my mom's friends house to look at her quilts and baby blankets and we picked out one that says " Our little buddy" on it, and then my mom was going to croeshay the edging. Ryan was working nights for awhile and was home sleeping. But when we were leaving Raymond my mom asked if we wanted to go for supper with them. So I picked up Ryan and we went to Earls. Got caught up with Mom and Dad because for Easter Holidays they went out to Vancouver to see my sister and her family. Since being out of the house all day I never got to have my nap, so after supper I layed down on the couch and had a 2-3 hour nap. When I woke up Ryan was already getting ready for work, and I had to pee. So I went to the washroom and then came out and was talking with Ryan before he left and then I felt a little dribble just thinking that I pee'd a little and needed to go back to the washroom. So I did. I went back down stairs to finish talking with Ryan and then all of a SUDDEN I felt that peeing feeling again. I grabbed Ryan's wrist and had this look on my face of shock. He looked at me like what...and kept asking what??? It was 9:45 and he had to work at 10 pm, and I told him I think my water just broke. He joked and said "no", I said "yes". So I sat down for a little while to make sure, and when I stood up more water came out. Ryan ran up stairs to grab some towels, while I took my pants off. He layed them down under me while the water was coming out. We both looked at each other and didn't know what to do....lol Whats funny is a couple weeks before my sister in-law was up from Vegas visiting and she was telling me how her water broke, and it's the strangest feeling to have. And here I was standing in my living with that feeling. Ryan says you need to call your mom. So I called her and she said I needed to go to the hospital and get checked out or at least call them. While I'm calling Ryan grabs the books- Birth partner, and what to expect when your expecting because he was supposed to at least read the Birth Partner book before labor, but he kept putting it off. LOL So he thought he could cram it all in before we left for the hospital...lol. I called labor and delivery and they told me to come down to get checked out.......


To be continued

No comments: