Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Baby number 3... OY!!!
It's al ready been three weeks since Myles has arrived into our family and what an entrance he made :) But before I get into those great details I'll just document my last couple of weeks of this pregnancy.
I think the last time I blogged I was about 27 weeks, still working and planning on working as long as could. But then my blood pressure decided to make a come back. Around this time I was having Dr. Appts every month and he always checks my blood pressure. I was always on the border 135/88, 138/89 something like that. My Dr was worried but not to concerned unless it went higher then 145/90. He told me it did then go straight to L&D. So I asked my mom to barrow her blood pressure monitor so I could check it at home. We'll just before Christmas I was getting really bad headaches, blood pressure was going over the border line, starting the have major swelling(more then preggo), etc. So Dr. Ok me to go on Medical leave at 34 weeks (yippee)
February 1st the boys were done at the day home, and I was done at work for a year. Now just to wait for the baby to make his entrance. I was hoping he would come early, but not to early..... Maybe 36 weeks. The boys would go to bed around 8, but wouldn't fall asleep until 9. Then I would crawl into bed at that time. That's how tired I was. We pottied trained Quincy over Christmas holidays so he wasn't fully trained but still on the right track. Maybe one or two accident a week. But still something I didn't want to clean up with a BIG belly around a small toilet.
This pregnancy for some reason feels like it kicked me in the butt. Maybe it's because I have two kids to look after while being pregnant or because I'm older. I don't know, but I do know I was WAY more of a BITCH this time around and I'll admit it. Seriously the last week at work I would just sit in the lunch room, and even if my boss would come in i would tell him " I'm sorry, it's my last week... I'm preggo and tired" he would just laugh. He such a nice guy. But I was just lazy and would sit as much as I could. I thought I would never get my energy back. My hips hurt SO SO SO much much I cringed getting outta bed to the bathroom 5+ x in the night because I had the roll outta bed. My public bone hurt to put on my pants. Tylenol 3's didn't even help the pain. I final had to take ibuprofen for 72 hours(that's all u can take it for while preggo) and that totally took the swelling away in the hip and pubic bone area. Just another part of carrying a baby ( I wouldn't change this for the world ) just me being whiny.
Side note: a lady I work with was due about a year before I had my third. But she ended up having to give birth to a still born around 36-37 weeks because she didn't feel him move. So she went to her Dr's and they checked for a heart beat and couldn't find one, then the Dr sent her to the hospital right away to hook her up to the monitor right away to find the baby's HB. Couldn't find it. It's such a sad, sad story.
Anyways, so I was pins and needles around 35+ weeks feeling for the baby's movements. He was always moving, but when he didn't it would scare me. Even when I would poke him and didn't get him moving it would scare me. But then he would move. He was always a night time mover, like he had his days and nights mixed up inside(little stinker) try sleeping with those kicks. Anyways, one early morning pee break I didn't feel him kick me when I went back to sleep. When I finally woke up with the kids I still didn't feel any movement. So off to the hospital I went. Of course when I get there and get all hooked up he starts to move...ALOT!! Labour and delivery monitor you for a half an hour, then call your dr to make sure it's ok for them to release me. Off I go walking down the hallway of shame :)I told myself then that Im not heading back to L&D until my water breaks.
The last couple of weeks I just kept bouncing on the ball at night time thinking and hoping this would be the night my water breaks. But of course nothing!! I was even trying to do things to get the baby out- taking prime rose oil, and root tea to bring on contractions.
Then my 34th birthday came and we went to Earls for my dinner with my parents & kids. Had a great dinner, and I STUFFED my face of course..lol But during dinner I decided that after dinner I was going to go and get some castor oil and take it as my birthday shooter. I warned my parents that I was going to do this and they just laughed at me. I was that desperate to get this baby out of me!
I went and got the nasty stuff, and came straight home and took it with a glass of OJ. I thought I was going to puke, but also thought if this dosen't help, then it's just going to clean me out( I know gross but it's the truth). So I helped put the kids to bed with Ryan, then him and I started to watch the movie "The Wolf of Wall street". It's about a 3 hr movie, and I was bouncing & rocking on the yoga ball to again help this baby out. Around 2 hrs into the movie Ryan was falling asleep on the couch and asked if we could pause the movie so he could go to sleep. This was about 1:30am. I said sure, but I wasn't tired and just stayed up and watched tv until 3 am ( still on the yoga ball). I finally crawled into bed and fell asleep fast.
Here comes the good part:
At around 5:30 am I rolled over to my right side and I heard a loud pop!!!!!! I jumped outta bed so fast to run to the bathroom ( I even had to step over Quincy because he was sleeping on our floor. We were trying not to let him sleep in our bed anymore due to the baby #3 coming)I just made it to our bedroom door/hardwood floors and the water came out!! My water broke!!!! FINALLY!!!! I yelled and woke up Ryan that my water broke and he kinda got up and looked at me thinking I was joking. After Ryan finally got out of bed, I called my mom to come and get the boys. Well she didn't believe me at first, but then she did. I told her she didn't need to come right away because I wasn't feeling anything, and Ryan still had to add to the hospital bag. So I hung around the front room waiting for Ryan to get done, and my mom to come over. While I was waiting I started to get contractions, but they weren't hurting(that much) or close together. Finally my mom got to the house, and Dylan had woke up wondering what was going on. Then my mom told me she had just taken a sleeping pill around 5 am and it was just kicking in. I cared but didn't care because this baby was coming!! Ryan was still getting his stuff together, so I was really starting to feel the contractions and so I headed out to the van. Well while I was waiting for him in the van the contractions were coming on strong and close!!!! Once Ryan got in the van I told him we needed to get to the hospital and FAST!!!! Good thing we only live a couple blocks away, but I don't think Ryan knew how much pain I was in because it seemed like he was driving like a grandpa. SOOOOooooo then when we got about a block away from the ER( that's were we had to ck in to go up stairs to L&D) he's asking me where should he park because there was construction going on around the hospital and he didn't want a parking ticket. I told him " I don't care, just drop me off" So he did, and I headed in to get registered ( remember my water is still leaking) the lady at the desk took forever. When I stood up from her my water was on her chair, and I didn't care. Ryan and I started to head up but I couldn't walk with all the water, so we got me a wheel chair. We made it up to L&D and I was in pain!!!! I told the nurse right away that I wanted an epidural, and she kindly said " will see how dilated you are" They put me in the monitoring room to ck the baby and me. The nurse said the baby is doing fine, let ck you. Well I was already 4-5 cm dilated and they needed to get me into the delivery room ASAP. But she had to get my IV in first. That was so hard because the contractions were coming on stronger and I couldn't sit still while she poked me.
We got the IV in and moved me to the delivery room, and a new nurse took over because the other one's shift was over. The new nurse was an older nurse and looked like she knew what she was doing. I kept begging for the epidural, and finally she said to me " Your too far along, and can't have one". I then started crying and begging more for one. Then the nurse said to me in a VERY stern voice, " Your not getting one, so you need to start focusing on your breathing"!! I still cried, and begged for one, but not as loud ( in my head) The nurse said she called Dr. Orr and he was on his way up. But I was in so much pain I couldn't handle it anymore!!! The nurse ck me again and I needed to push!!! She said " do you want to push?" and of course I needed to push!!! She called for help ASAP and in 2 pushes I got him out of me!!! ( no I didn't not crap on the table even, he came that fast). Then about 5 mins later my dr showed up and was so suprized that he came that fast and missed all the fun( I don't believe him). I couldn't believe he was here, the nurse had to deliver and I did it without an epidural. This was my first birth without one, and Id rather still get one then do it without.
Myles Ray(after my mother's middle name but boy version) Ryan( after his dad's first name) was born on March 6, 2014, 8 pounds 10oz, 21 1/2 inches with LOTS of hair to make me and all the nurses think he was a little ginger. My heart grew bigger with more love to give to him, and can't wait to see what little personality he is going to bring to our family <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment