



I quickly get changed, and grab stuff and just throw it in the bag, not thinking we were going to get admitted to the hospital. We get his bag, and off we go to the hospital. As were driving I'm remembering all the stuff I forgot to pack, like the CAMERA, PHONE CHARGER!!! The most important stuff. But again I thought we would get turned away and sent home so then we could grab that stuff then. When I got out of the car I told Ryan not to worry about bringing in the bags, and if he needed to he could just come and get them, and then a big gush of water came out that I had to stop at the side of the car. I really felt dumb walking into the emergency with wet pants, but good thing they were black. The nurse got my information from me while I was sitting on her chair not thinking of what the chair is going to look like once I move. So the nurse sends us up stairs. As Im walking Ryan goes" did u see what the chair looked like?" I said " no, Why?" He goes it was wet I started to laugh and felt more embarrassed and kinda laughed as more water was rushing down my leg. I had to stop and maybe try to pinch the water from coming out.....but no luck. The nurse that sent us upstairs saw us and noticed the water and got us a wheel chair with a pad on it......thank goodness:) So we get up to the delivery ward and the nurse gets me into a room and asks us a bunch of questions while the student nurse was hooking me up to a fetal monitor to see how the baby and I were doing. Everything was fine, I wasn't feeling any contractions, just WET. The nurse then called my family Dr. told him what was happening and then he told the nurse to admit me. The nurse moved me into another room and I really didn't know what was happening all I kept thinking about is the stuff I didn't pack. So finally I asked the nurse if I'm going to be staying here and she said yes. I then ask Ryan if he could go home and get the stuff I forgot and pack some stuff for him. So he left me but I told him he needs to hurry just in case something happened s. I called my mom to let her know what was happening and Ryan called his parents. Ryan was gone for more then a half an hour even stopping at 7-11 for some Gatorade :) He gets back and he has about 5-6 walmart bags filled with stuff...lol....he couldn't find a bag. When he got back the nurse came in to see how I was doing and she noticed that I was having contractions about 4 mins apart. I was shocked because I wasn't feeling ANYTHING and I thought to myself maybe I won't need drugs if it's going to feel like this...lol Now because I was so early the nurse was not allowed to check my cervix in case of infection, so she had to call my dr and he said he would come on down.....that was at 1 AM. He came and checked me and I was 3 cm dilated. He then got hold of the dr. on call that night and told him my situation and then went back home. the dr. on call told the nurse to move me to a delivery suite which was fine. We got settled in and the nurse told us to get some sleep, but we both couldn't. Ryan was texting anyone who would listen and I was on facebook. I would try to get some rest but just before I would fall asleep the nurse would come in and check on my blood pressure and the monitor. About 4-5 AM my contractions started to pitter off and I was not progressing, so then the dr's had to decide if I didn't progress would they send me home, or give me some protosin. But they needed to know for sure if my water broke...ha ha ha....it not like I was enjoying peeing myself!!!! So a intern dr. came and took a sample and it came back in deed my water broke, and as we were waiting my contractions started up again....but they didn't hurt just felt like a mild cramps nothing bad. My family dr. came in to check up on me and he said he won't be here to deliver the baby because he's was going on a trip....I was a little sad because I wanted him to deliver the baby because he delivered me into this world, but I couldn't convince him to stay...lol...An hour went by and the dr. on call came in with the intern and told me that they decided that if my contractions& cervix don't progress by 2 pm then they are going to give me some protosin(spelling) to help me along. Now during this time me and Ryan havent gotten any sleep. So we tried to get some sleep, and I think we got like 30 mins. But during this time I started to FEEL the contractions and I asked for morphine......kinda for the pain and I wanted to get some sleep!!! Well.....I loved the morphine and can understand why people get addicted to it. My mom came up to see how we were doing and brought Ryan some KFC. I didn't want any just in case I went in to extreme labor and didn't want to have to throw that up. She chatted with us for a bit and then she went to walmart to pick up some stuff, and I asked her to pick up some premie clothes. When she left it was 2 pm and the nurse came in with the protosin and asked me if I wanted to go into the shower to help things along. I said sure. Ryan helped me and about half way thru I felt SICK, and the contractions keep coming, harder, and longer. I didn't know what to do, so I got out of the shower crawled into bed without putting my hair back or anything just in PAIN!!!! I asked for some more morphine and the student nurse gave me some but I wasn't feeling it like I did before....well she didn't put it in right and I wasn't getting anything!!!! So I asked for my epidural( I knew from the begging I was going to have it) and they paged the guy who does it. HE WAS TAKING FOREVER is what it felt like to me I kept tossing and turning from one side to the other asking for my epidural. At one point I yelled and pressed my forehead saying " I just need 10 mins to think", I don't know why I said that but I think I just wanted a break from these contractions...one after another...there where no breaks in between. With all my yelling and breathing the nurse finally said to me in a stern voice " Emily, he has been paged and will be here as soon as he's done with the other patient, just breath" It kinda took me by shock because here Karen/ or Carol my nurse was all nice to me and then to see this side of her...lol. The Anesthesiologist finally got here and was asking all these question as I was having contractions....I don't even know what he was asking me I just kept saying give me the drug, stop this pain. I remember looking at Ryan at one point of my crazy time and he looked helpless and didn't know what he could do for me except just hold my hand. Once the epidural took affect I was a different women. I sat up in bed, wasn't feeling ANYTHING(love this drug) I finally took a look around the room and there was about 10 people....NICU nurses, pediatrician, some more student nurses, my main nurse, Ryan.....Then there was a knock at the door and it was my mom, she came in and started to show me the outfits she picked out, and then she looked around and asked what was going on?....lol... I told her we were getting ready to deliver ....she smiles and then my nurse asked her if she wanted to stay. I swear before the nurse was even done asking her, her jacket was off and she was standing in the corner behind Ryan.....but she has another story.....Anyways I never really picture my mom in the room, but I'm happy she came at the right time :) Finally Dr. Adolph came and we were ready to get this baby out of me!!! I didn't know when to push because I couldn't feel my contractions, so the nurse would feel my stomach and tell me when to push. In between contractions there was no noise, everyone was just looking at me waiting for me to push, I said sorry to everyone in the room for taking up there time lol I call it a Scientology birth. Finally at 4:43 on April 16/09 our baby boy was BORN!!!! Dylan David James
1 comment:
I love how you go into so much detail. Love it!
Post a Comment