Well here I am again, blogging or trying to again. It's been so long since I wrote on here that I don't know where to begin. So I'll start with how me and Ryan met.
When I moved back from Edmonton I didn't think I would ever find a boyfriend. So I was doing some research on the internet about online dating and looking at some sites. I'm so cheap I didn't want to pay to find someone, so I found a free site called Pleanty of Fish. It's a online free site here in Lethbridge. So I made a profile with no picture's and my heading was "Can you tell the truth?" I had been on for about 2-3 weeks and didn't meet anyone or talk to anyone. Then one day after work I went online and got an instant message and this is how our conversation goes...or how it all began :)
Ryan- I can tell the truth
Me- Huh??
Ryan-how's it going?
Me-good and you?
Ryan-good
Ryan- So what do you do for a living?
Me- I'm a dental assistant and you?
Ryan- I'm an ash fault (something)
Ryan- Who do you work for?
Me- I'm not telling your that
Ryan I'm just asking because my uncle is a Dentist
Me- Who is he?
Ryan- Dr. Dave Lowry
Me- Are you mormon?
Ryan- Are you?
Me- I asked you first..
Ryan- I was brought up Mormon but not going to church
Ryan-Now are you?
Me- Same but not practicing
Ryan- So how old are you?
Me- 26 and you?
Ryan 31
Me- what do you do?
Ryan- Ash fault applicator
Me-Oh I see
Ryan- This sounds dumb but I have to go,can I have your number?
Me- No
Ryan- I mean can I text you?
Me- Oh yeah sure I'll give you my cell number
So after he got off(because he was at work using the computer) He texted me right away to make sure I gave him the right phone number. I did, and we were texting each other none stop, while we were both at work, while we were out with friends, and text until the wee hours in the morning. During this time we really got to know each other. Then he wanted to talk on the phone and I didn't know if I wanted to or not but he was calling me and I didn't answer because I wasn't ready and I was cooking corn on the cob. Then he called me again and I answered. Well we kept talking,and talking that I forgot about the corn and finally my brother yelled that I burnt the corn(just so you know I have never burnt corn on the cob before and never thought anyONE could..LOL)Me and Ryan had a good laugh and he kept bugging me(till this day too) He was very pushy on wanting to meet me, and I was hesitant on meeting someone off the internet. Thru texting and talking on the phone he would ask questions on where I live?, What kind of car do I drive? What color is it? Questions I would answer not thinking anything of it.
Then one night Ryan said we should meet, and I said sure. But he was going out for dinner and football game with some friends and he wanted to meet afterwards,I said sure. Little did I know he had left his phone at home so it could charge. The whole time I was texting him there was no response because I didn't know his phone was at home. I got a little mad and texted him we weren't going to meet. But I guess he went to his house during half time to get his phone and start texting me. So when he got his phone and saw we weren't going to meet, he was a little bit mad too and asked why and I told him because I haven't heard from him all night and didn't think we should meet. He texted fine, and would call me when he got home.
Ryan called about 11:30 and we talked and we would ask each other questions. As I was talking with him I could hear that he was putting on his shoes. I asked him what he was doing? He said nothing. So I just played along. As we were talking he would ask me again where I lived? What kind of car I drove? What color?? I had a feeling he was driving around where I lived to try and find my house. So I went up stairs and was talking to while looking out the window. Then I saw him driving up behind my car. He said he found where I lived, and read out my license plate, I told him nope that's not it. All of a sudden I saw his truck pull away down the alley. Again we are still talking on the phone with him not knowing I just saw his truck. So I played dumb and was waiting for him to drive by again. He still didn't drive by, so I kept looking out the window for him thinking he walked to my house and was going to look in the window or something. All of a sudden I saw this thing at the bottom of the window and I thought it was Ryan's hand crawling, scared the CRAP out of me!!!! I yelled on the phone saying I just saw him and he said no, that's not me. So I open the blinds ALL the way and there in front of my house is a DEER!!!!! Again scared the CRAP out of me....heart was pounding!!! Ryan was by my house in the alley watching the deer so he knew this was my house and I was home. He was trying so hard to convince me to come out and see him. I told him I was in my, pajama's, hair pulled back, wearing my glasses with no make-up on. ( What a great first impression...LOL) He said he is going to sit out here in my alley that has a little ledge and wait. I told him if I come out Im comimg out and he can't laugh at me or watch me walk towards him, and if I don't come out he can't be mad.
We got off the phone and I went down stairs to my room and was talking to myself telling myself I should go, no don't go......finally I told myself this is now or never. If he likes me he likes me, if he dosen't then oh well. I went upstairs with knowing my mom was still awake and my brother. ( yes I lived at home) I looked out the front door and saw Ryan sitting on the ledge with his back turned to me. I was so nervOUS!!! I opened the door waiting for him to turn around, walked thru the leaves making the crunchy sound, and sat down beside him and he turned around and introduced himself :)
Even though I was in the pajama's, hair pulled back, no make up on he stayed there and talked with me:) We were out there for a good 2 hours just talking and having fun, laughing. He even did this water fountain thing while spitting out water(funny). Finally it was 2 or 2:30 in the morning and we both had to get up for work at 7AM. He stood up and offered his hand and pulled me up and gave me a BIG HUG!!!! And said he enjoyed himself and was happy we met. That night after he left we still kinda texted back and forth, but afterwards I don't think I slept a wink because I was so happy that we finally met :)
2 comments:
EM!!!!!!!!!!!! That is by far the CUTEST thing i've ever read! I had no idea that's how your story was! I LOVE it!!!!!!!
And i'm SO glad you're blogging again!!!!!! Keep it up this time!!!! :)
That is adorable! It's funny, and I think I may have told you this before, but I used to work at Quest at the same time as Ryan did, and I remember thinking how nice he was...I was excited when I realized you two were dating because I thought to myself "Wow, that is so perfect, what a cute couple they are!"
Post a Comment