BEWARE BIRTH STORY
I'm going to admit that this pregnancy has been the LONGEST months of my life, especially near the end. Everyday I would wake up and tell myself that today will be the day. Also every time I would make another dr.'s appt I would tell myself I won't make it till then. lol So of course I did try all the "Home Remedies" to get this baby out that I would read on one of my apps 10x a day. Walk, waddle, waddle, walk, bounce on the yoga ball, clean, evening primrose oil, etc. You get the point, but who knows what worked since I did all of them :) So here's the day...
Saturday June 11, 2011
I was all gun ho on going to play BINGO for my friends birthday. Ryan was staying home with Dylan and even was going to mess up his sleep scheld.just so I could get out with my girlfriends. I go all ready to show off my bump since my friends haven't seen me for a month or two. Just before I left I mentioned to Ryan that my BUMP was HUGE!!!, and he laughed. I got to the bingo hall and none of my friends where there yet, so I texted them and they said they were on there way. So I waited in my van, replied to my sister in-laws status that she wished her nephew would be born on her birthday and decided to clean and organize the glove box from the drivers side. 10 mins later as I leaning over I felt a little bit of warmness, I stopped and thought " Did I just pee myself?" I didn't know so I moved more and nope not peeing myself...MY WATER BROKE!!!! I looked around to see if my friends were pulling up and I couldn't see anyone so I drove home. I kept calling,& calling Ryan to tell him what had happened but he didn't pick up the phone. So as I'm driving still I call my mom and tell her what happened so she could come and get Dylan. When I told her you could tell in her voice how excited she was that the baby was finally coming too, and she got to have Dylan for the next couple of nights :)
I pull up to the house and didn't want to get out of the van because I knew the gush of water would come, and didn't want the neighbours to think I'm peeing my pants. lol I was wearing the khaki pants so you could totally see I had wet pants. Anyways I walk in the door and look at Ryan right away, he asked "Why are you home?" I point to my pants and say the water has broken :) He looked shocked, but smirked a little. He didn't answer the phone because he was feeding Dylan. I told him my mom was on her way to come and get Dylan. I still needed to pack his bag so I grabbed a towel and made my own diaper so I could walked around and pack. I looked pretty funny, but it sure did the trick :) Dylan was excited that Grandma was coming, but he didn't understand that his world was going to change in the next 24 hrs. I got his bag packed, while Ryan got himself ready. My mom came and got D and just asked that we keep her in touch on whats happening.
Ryan waiting in the creepy room
Ryan and I decided before that we weren't going to put it on facebook, tell friends, or family when labor was happening because we wanted it to be special for US. Last time with Dylan there were so many dr.s, nurses, student nurses, etc. Then we also had to keep people in touch with texting, phone calls, etc. So back to my friends who were wondering where I went because they knew I was at the Bingo hall. They asked what happened and all I could think of to tell them is I threw up on myself!!! lol And they fell for it.
After my mom left I wasn't in pain, or having contractions-just leaking! I decided to call Labor and Delivery and see if it was important that I come in or could I just wait it out at home until something happens. They told me to come in to get checked and then decide if I should get admitted yet or not. I agreed to come in. I was already packed, but I had to wait around for Ryan to get his stuff together and get ready to head to the hospital. I didn't want to put a new pair of pants on yet until we were on our way out the door. Finally we were out the door, and on our way. It was just surreal that today was the day. I tried so hard to get him out, that now it was finally happening. Then all of a sudden I remembered all the stuff that happened during labor & after!!!! CRAP!!!
Ryan dropped me off while he parked the car, and I went to get admitted. We got up to l&D and they were busy. So they put us in this back back creepy room with all the old monitors, old bed, just creepy. They didn't even have the proper stuff in the room, pads, gowns, thermometer, etc. They hooked me up to the monitor first off to check on the baby. Baby wasn't active at all, because I hadn't eaten anything ALL day( I was waiting to eat the greasy food at the Bingo hall). So they gave me some juice and that perked the baby right up. As I was waiting for the baby to be fine I started getting contractions....ummmm they started hurting, and STRONG!!! I was getting worried that this baby was going to come out fast, and I wasn't going to get my epidural. I had three nurses come in and everyone of them I told them I was getting contractions and wanted an epidural. They laughed, and I told them serious I don't want to miss my chance. Finally another room got open for me and I got out of the creepy room, and I got a nurse that was there to stay with me. My nurse Carly checked me and I was only 3-4 cm dilated. THAT'S IT??!!! She convinced me to walk around and once I get to a good 4 then I could get my epidural. Ryan and I decided to walk down to the gift shop and buy a paper for that day( it's a keep sake for the baby so they can see what happened in the news the day they were born), and get some candy for the after birth hunger. As we were in the shop I was getting contractions, and then I felt sick!! Like I was going to pass out and throw up. I left Ryan while he paid, and went back up stairs to my room. I told my nurse what happened and she then suggested I go rock on the yoga ball. I did, but then the contractions came on STRONGER, and more gushes of water came out. I told Carly that I was done with walking and the ball. She then decided to check me out and I was a good 4 cm, and was going to order the epi. I was happy, but still feeling sick as well knowing what was coming. I also asked for some gravol to get rid of the sick feeling.
The anesthesiologist Dr. Stewart came in and gave me the best spinal block ever!! My legs were DEAD and the pain was gone!! But all of a sudden I felt sick!!! Lite headed, shaky,hot, I was going to throw up!! Something didn't feel right!!! The nurse that was covering Carly while she was on lunch just kinda kept asking me questions, wasn't doing anything for me. Finally I said something is not right!!! Dr. Stewart came back in the room and quickly grab my IV bag and squeezed it so I would get my blood pressure up, it dropped to 88/43. WOW!!! Right away I felt so SO MUCH better. I thanked her for the epi and for not letting me pass out. She was SUPER NICE!!! But I still felt sick so I got my gravol :) It was about 4-5 pm. I felt great, like lets get this show on the road. I got checked and I was only a 5-6 cm dilated, and my contractions were not progressing or consistent. My nurse Carly told me that if things didn't get going then they might have to give me pitocin to help me along. I had the same stuff with Dylan but this time I knew I was ok because I didn't get my epi till after the pitocin kicked in with the PAINFULL contractions with him, but with this baby I knew I was good if they did have to give it to me because I had my epi. So we just waiting for nature to take it course. Dr. Burton came in to check on me, but told me that his daughter has a dance recital and he might not be here to deliver the baby but Dr. D. Stewart will cover for him if he's not back in time, which was fine because he dad Dr. Cal Stewart is my family dr and he brought me into this world.
Around 6pm we decided that they should call the Dr. and ask if I could start getting the pitocin going. Dr. said sure. But all of a sudden I started feeling the contractions on my right hip which was strange, but PAINFULL ( I don't know how ladies go threw birth natural, I'm a BABY)I even had the little button to push to give me extra medicine, but that wasn't doing ANYTHING in that right hip. They were about to give me the pitocin but I wanted this epi fixed before anything. My new nurse Marissa told me sometimes it doesn't stay working all the time and I might have to go threw delivery how it is. I got scared and told her I didn't want the pitocin until we tried to get Dr. Barb Stewart (anesthesiologist) to come back and fix the epi. She came back(thank goodness) and topped off my meds and made EVERYTHING BETTER!!! I was relieved that I wasn't going to go threw this delivery with pain. Now my legs were supper SUPPER DEAD, like I couldn't even sit up in bed, or roll over. Its a strange feeling, and at one point my legs were falling off the bed and if I fell over I wouldn't be able to do anything!! Just a strange feeling. lol


The sweet bruise I got from my IV
Marissa started my pitocin around 7-7:30 and it sure got things done. Bye 8pm was ready to push. Dr. D Stewart was delivering. The pushing began and I was worried how big this baby was going to be because Dylan was a premie. Then I went to almost full term with this baby I thought it was going to be over 10 pounds!!! I was wrong, baby just had a BIG BIG head thanks to his father. I even told that to the nurses & dr's. They laughed. I always thought that and saw on TV that once the head is out the whole body just comes out. I was WRONG!! The baby's head came out, and I said to the dr. " Get him out??" and he kinda laughs and says " You still need to push him out" lol I can see why the baby didn't come right out because his right should got stuck!!! Finally I gave my last ALL push and the baby was OUT!!!!! I was so relieved!! This may sound bad but I really didn't want to hold him once he was out, I would rather hold him when he's a little cleaned up. So when he came out the dr. was going to put him on my chest but caught himself and placed him beside him on the bed while Ryan cut the cord. After that I started bleeding in my mind lots, and while we were waiting for the placenta to come more gushes of blood came out, even got on the dr.s paints and ALL OVER the floor beside my bed. With Dylan I don't remember bleeding that much, but I wasn't really paying attention as much as this time around. They didn't have to give me any bags of blood, but I kinda wish they did because I was light headed for the next couple of days. All they kept telling me is drink lots of water/fluids. Anyways, I finally got to hold my little Man Quincy William Pierce.....born June 11th, 2011 @ 8:25, 8 pounds 1 0z, 21 3/4 inches long. He is handsome little man, to me he looks just like his older brother. But again I'm never good at telling who the kids look like at this young age :)
Quincy looks a little blue and purple and scrunched up :)





Quincy is again a GREAT baby. He sleeps,eats,poops,sleeps etc. At night he sleeps for about 4-5 hours straight. I can't complain at all. Ryan took the week and a half off which helped out alot with keeping Dylan busy while I fed. BF is going good but my milk supply is in question. I really want to BF and am taking some meds to help keep my milk in. I really like BF at night because you don't have to get up...lol But if I have to go to bottles I'll be really sad. So fingers crossed. Other then that things are GREAT!! I'm in love with the new addition to our family and can't wait and see what kind of character Quincy is going to bring into our lives. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment